AddThis Slider

Friday, August 26, 2016

Barn Light for the Cottage Porch

Ashley Brooks Designs / Barn Lighting
I've been taking time off to spend with my folks at the cottage, but that doesn't mean we don't have a few projects up our sleeves. I've long been wanting to replace the rear porch light on the deck, and with Dad the electrician on premises, now seemed as good a time as any.
  

On our morning bike rides through Orient town, I've been admiring gooseneck fixtures. For such a small change, it has BIG cottage appeal.



I ordered the District gooseneck from Barn Light Electric in black.


After | Before
It's a classic gooseneck, and the change was pretty dramatic. You can see now that the fixture we replaced was too small scale for the house.


Plus, the new gooseneck light matches the style of the shed we had built a few years back, which has black hinges and school bell. Once we shingle the back of the house, this project will all come together.