AddThis Slider

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Recycled Luxury Zen Bathroom for Less Than $2,500


While stalking a recycled kitchen on Green Demolitions this week, I came across some great deals in the bath section. Two never-used Lefroy Brooks deep soaking tubs for under $1,000 — and one is the lovely Zen Tub. (The wooden feet alone retail for more.) Then I saw that the tub would pair really well with an Alape floating vanity, marked down to $950. This got me falling down a designer rabbit hole. Could we kit out a whole dreamy Zen bathroom for under $3k just shopping markdowns at reuse stores? Why, yes, we can! Even less!

1. Lefroy Brooks Zen Tub, $925
2. Kohler Two-Piece Toilet, $200
3. Perry Wall Mount Faucet, $37
4. Decotec Wenge Lighted Mirror, $295
5. Alape Wall Mount Vanity, $950

Back when I was renovating our bathroom, I coveted with a passion the 1950s Belle Aire tub at Lefroy Brooks, which then retailed for about $5k. First of all, it's a double apron tub, which are hard to find these days. But more than this, it had the midcentury styling I was looking for.

But I talked myself down off that ledge, knowing that I could get a Statuary marble deck and surround for that, and the stone would be timeless.

But had I known about reuse stores back then, this marked down Waterworks Cambridge deep soaking tub selling for $518 (retails for $5,500) would have caught my eye:


Green Demolitions


Or this Lefroy Brooks Classic 1900 clawfoot tub, marked down to $628 (retails for $5,800):

Green Demolitions


Green Demolitions sells used luxury kitchens and baths, donations collected by their affiliate nonprofit donation program Renovation Angel. Part of the proceeds go to drug rehabilitation. The goods range from gently used whole kitchens and baths to never-used models and fixtures still boxed that have been donated from showrooms. It's not the only game in town in the New York City area, either. I regularly comb Build It Green in Queens and Brooklyn and the Habitat ReStore in Queens.

All three have some products featured on their site, but much more inventory is available in-store. Do you shop restores? What's in your area?

No comments:

Post a Comment