AddThis Slider

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Modern Chair for the Bedroom (Update)


The bedroom makeover has dragged on, while I search for the right mid-century style bedroom chairs and rug. But I'm one step closer this week. The rug I'd been stalking at West Elm was just reduced half price, so I snapped it up. The Margo Selby Zig-Zag Stripe Kilim Rug ($299) makes a big color statement and that's going to help decide the chair. Possibilities include a surprising newcomer — a lounge chair ($250) from the new Target + Dwell collaboration. What do you think? Does it beat out gorgeous red Blu Dot chair (that's 4x the cost)? I'd love to hear opinions!


The Blu Dot Field Chair ($1400) is the only lounge chair that remains from my original shopping round-up. I LOVE it, however I don't love the price tag. Still, this is a major furniture purchase for us and I've never regretted a splurge when it's for an important piece. I mean, I'm the girl who still owns the couch she bought at Bloomingdales right out of college, albeit two slipcovers later. So, do I spring for these lovely red mod chairs I love? They are on sale this week. Or do I snap up the nicely priced Dwell modern? Or go for something in between?

The middle child is the Simon Lounge Chair by URBN ($560) in a nubby orange upholstery, with rounded arms and winged back. Our bedroom has a lot of metal and white laminate, so wood might really warm up the tableau.

Then there's the surprise breakout chair. Reminiscent of the Eero Saarinen executive armchair, but with a more laid-back silhouette, Target's Modern by Dwell Lounge Chair ($250) is mid-century sleek and priced to move. It only comes in white, but with white powder-coated metal legs, it's a nice match for our Min Bed from DWR and we'll be getting plenty of color in the rug and yellow bureau.

Three great options. What do you think?

Resources

Gray Campaign Dresser, Inherited
Chairs: White, Target ($250) | Orange, URBN ($560) | Red, Blu Dot ($1119)
Min Bed, Design Within Reach ($1995)
Piston lamp, Lite Source Inc. (Discontinued)
Slice Wall-Mounted Storage Shelf, CB2 ($169)
Yellow Bureau, Street Find
The Margo Selby Zig-Zag Stripe Kilim Rug, West Elm ($299)

No comments:

Post a Comment