AddThis Slider

Sunday, September 9, 2018

More Kitchen Island Pendants


The hunt for our kitchen island lighting continues. I've seen many fixtures that I like but none feels quite right yet. Could it be this one, the Tall Beat Pendant by Tom Dixon? The sharp angles provide some contrast to all the straight lines in my kitchen design that are pervasive in the shaker doors and rows of horizontal drawers. In my previous post I showed a collection of six island pendants I had been considering. I put them to the vote on Facebook and Houzz and you can probably guess which two won.



Most of you chose #2 the Schoolhouse Luna pendant with #3 the Nuevo Living Harper pendant coming in a close second. I definitely like both of them, but I'm not sure I love them. You might say they're at opposite ends of the decor spectrum in that the spherical white Luna would blend right into the background while the Nuevo would be front and center — dominating the design. Both would feel right against the backdrop of the mid-century architecture of our home, with the Harper representing an earlier art deco period and the Luna a later 1950s end of the era.

Or was it the black of the Harper pendant coordinating with all the black kitchen accessories in my inspiration kitchen?


I'm not going to have black accessories sitting on my counter top. If I have my way, I won't have any accessories at all on my counter. They'll all be tucked away in drawers.

Is it possible I'm being hemmed in by the period of our house? What if I took a radical departure and went for something completely contemporary? Like this Aquitaine Linear Pendant by Jonathan Browning for Restoration Hardware:


I quite like it, however Ross says it looks like a xylophone. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment