AddThis Slider

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Bedroom Makeover Update


So, remember when I said weekend project, wall-mounted nightstands? That was a few weeks ago. We hit a roadbump with the merchant CB2. They have a service, where you can order online, then pick up next day from a local store. So, eager to get started, I chose that option. A few hours later I got a call from the store saying they were on backorder in all NYC stores. When I asked why the website shows they have three available, the guy said, "We do, but only one is in good condition." I guess that meant the others were in crushed boxes or something. So, we have to wait for the backorders afterall. In the meantime, I've been making some progress on the bedding.

I decided to go with a quilted coverlet and euro shams in white as our bedding base. I will be on the lookout for a great throw for the end of the bed that ties in the color scheme. For now, I've rolled the old duvet at the end of the bed, and I think it looks plush and inviting. What do you think?


The bedding is quilted cotton, that I can just tell is going to soften over time with many washings and become my favorite thing. I found it in the unlikeliest place.


I was considering the white coverlet from Garnet Hill...

Dream Quilt, Garnet Hill

But, even with the sale they are running right now, the total cost would be over $300. I can't bring myself to spend $60 each on euro shams that I could make myself for the cost of the fabric.

Alina Bedspread, IKEA
So, while I was conducting a furious internal debate with myself about yet another sewing project, I came across this at Ikea — two shams and a coverlet for $70. What the what? I snapped it up.


To top it off, I found a spare sham in the "As Is" department for $3 bucks. You know I am going to keep hunting those, as shams wear out quicker than coverlets in my experience.

So, with curtains hung and bedding sourced, this room is finally coming together.  All that's left now is for me to mount the new floating nightstands.

Slice Wall-Mounted Storage Shelf, CB2

The delivery arrived yesterday, so weekend project!


No comments:

Post a Comment