AddThis Slider

Monday, October 29, 2018

Renovation Diary: The Electrical Panel Saga Continues


I’m going over my appliance specs again, looking at electrical and I don’t see how we can run all my appliances with the current power coming into this apartment. I sent the specs to my contractor’s electrician and the managing agent. Guys, something’s gotta give. A bigger worry is where the power exactly is coming in. Apparently there should be an old fuse box in addition to our breaker box. It's a mystery.

Several of my neighbors came through and texted us photos of their configuration. I'm amazed at the variation. We’re all in the same line, so you’d think it would be cookie cutter. But some have only a breaker box like ours. Others have only a fuse box (yikes!). And some have both. 

This is what happens when these mid-century apartment buildings get renovated through the years at different times and by different people. For those who still have a fuse box still, it appears to be in the vicinity of our current (larger) breaker box. I texted the photos to Aleks and he said they’ll punch some holes tomorrow to figure out if it got buried.

No comments:

Post a Comment