AddThis Slider

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Renovation Diary: The Walls Come Tumbling Down!


Today is the day the walls come down and we finally get to see exactly what we're dealing with. I texted Aleks mid-morning to see how things were going, and he sent me six photos. My stomach dropped as I looked through them and saw that the risers are not clustered, as I’d hoped, but spread far apart — really far apart. This doesn't bode well for my open-plan dream kitchen. I expect we are going to need several feet of wall to remain standing, right in front of the sink. That means, I won't get my favorite layout:


I'll possibly get this:

Or even this:


I went home and started making alterations to my design, to see if I could come up with solution where the wall could look intentional. So now I have three versions: open on both ends, open on one end, and a version of the latter but with a doorway that mimics the architecture in the rest of the apartment.




I told myself I’d be okay with any of them, but will I really? I guess I'll have to be.

Follow the Renovation Diary:




No comments:

Post a Comment